Thursday 5 May 2011

Lead Painter's League 5 - Rnd 7 & 8

Lead Painter's League 5 - Rnd 7 & 8 notes

Here are my photo details from round 7 & 8, Easter mucked me up a bit so that's why a missed a week :-)

for those who are not aware of the competition have a look here, its pretty cool

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=22.0

So here is the pic for round 7



The Figures

This time the figures are all Copplestone gangsters, from Tommy gunners, O'Hare's Gang and Gun Molls, all beautiful figs. The Truck is a LLedo Model A. As before all figs were painted with acrylic paints being a mix of humbrol, vallejo, then magic ink (sepia) wash.

As usual finished with the gloss varnish, enough said

Taking the photo

I took the photo using a Pentax K-7, with a 90mm lens on a 1 sec exposure (with a cable release) at F36 using a mix of natural and Fluro light. I manually set the white balance too. As this pic was taken a bit earlier I would try just with natural light if I took it again. I think the compostion is pretty good though.

So here is the pic for round 8



The Figures

The HMG gun crew are the german heavy machine and crew from Great War miniatures, while the other 2 figs standing are Copplestone German Mercanies from the Back of Beyond range. The Truck is a LLedo 1934 Chevrolet Van with Maggi detailing in german. As before all figs were painted with acrylic paints being a mix of humbrol, vallejo, then magic ink (sepia) wash.

you know the drill for the varnishing

Taking the photo

I took the photo using a Pentax K-7, with a 90mm lens on a 1 sec exposure (with a cable release) at F36 using a mix of natural and Fluro light. I manually set the white balance too. This is the first pic I've taken without a strong green backround with the mixewd light sources and the colour hasn't suffered as much as the others did.

More next week - only 2 weeks to go

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...