Thursday 4 August 2011

The Grand Duchy of Eyesore

These are the last of the figures I've been painting for myself for Song of Drums and Shakos - Napoleonic Polish infantry in 28mm from Old Glory.

I hope I don't offend the sculptor if he ever reads this, but these are amongst the worst figures I've ever painted. They are both proportionally and anatomically out of sorts in so many of ways. They really are an eyesore. The fact that they got painted at all is due largely to the fact I needed them for a game and they were free.

The flag is wrong too - it belongs to a French Line regiment but I've not found a free one anywhere that suits. If you know of somewhere I can get one please let me know.

The list works out as follows (using Vistula Legion stats and costs):

1 x Line Infantry Officer - 54 points
1 x Line Infantry NCO - 51 points
1 x Standard Bearer - 36 points
1 x Drummer - 16 points
4 x Line Infantry Regulars - 168 points
2 x Line Infantry Grenadiers - 84 points
Total - 409 points

Anyway, tell me what you think. Maybe I'm judging them too harshly...



Cheers,
Millsy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...