Tuesday 12 April 2016

Scratch built 1930s English petrol station & workshop

With the finish of the 6th Annual AHPC and a new job piled on top I've had precious little time for modelling and what time I've had has been rather distracted and unfocused. Although I've done a little work with the brush on some Oldhammer chaos warriors I've been more interested in terrain work of late.

One of the things I've wanted for some time is better terrain for our VBCW games. The last few days I've been working in a 1930's era petrol station and I've now completed building work on the workshop part of the project.


The main structure is cork tile with decoration and additions in card, mdf off-cuts and foamcore board. It's now been given a blast of black undercoat and I've started painting the walls a very light grey / white colour to simulate a rendered concrete finish.


I'm not sure what the main highlight colour will be at this point although it will likely be a blue or green roof and matching timber work. I'll also add decoration in the form of some period posters and old paraphernalia.

Stay tuned for a progress update...

Cheers,
Millsy

7 comments :

  1. Good to see you building again and already off to a flying start. I assume you have something in mind for the pumps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do mate. You'll see those coming along soon I hope.

      Delete
  2. Grand to see you back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Mr Mills, very much in keeping with the period! Good to see you back on the terrain projects again too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ev. It's coming along nicely and the paintwork is looking good.

      Delete
  4. Great to see you building some terrain again! Very nice looking building, can't wait to see it painted up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...